Thank you for visiting the new Town of Tyngsborough website, refreshed in Spring 2019.
Please note that this is a preview version of the website. The Town’s goal is to allow people to familiarize themselves with the style and navigation of the site so visitors can leave meaningful feedback to help guide us to completion over the next several weeks.
- Could you find what you were looking for?
- Is the website organized in a logical fashion? Could that organization be improved?
- Is the information clear?
- Are the pages designed in such a way that the fonts are legible?
- If you are using accessibility software like screen readers (text-to-speech), are you encountering any elements that are problematic.
- Not all links work at this time, especially on Department pages.
- Not all pages are fully realized according to plans. Examples includes sub-sites like the Economic Development and Open Space and Recreation pages.
- Pages have not been fully optimized for mobile devices. This will be complete in 2019, but at this time, certain page elements may not adjust accordingly on phones and tablets.
- Not many departments or users have access to the back-end of the website. The list with access will grow over the coming weeks.
- Further accessibility work needs to be done (contract checks, font sizes and image descriptions)
- Https is coming with the live site as the certificate is only good for the primary domain.
You’re welcome to browse the entire site, but take a look at these pages as examples of what we’re trying to do:
- 0.9.1 – July 26, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10224, 10225, 10230. Updated all Department pages and completed responsiveness checks on all pages.
- 0.9.0 – July 19, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10208, 10212, 10215-10220, 10222, 10223. Added all items to disposal and updated committee membership data.
- 0.8.9 – June 27, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10207-10215. Added hundreds of Meeting Minutes documents; worked on Sewer pages.
- 0.8.8 – June 24, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10202-10206. Worked on COA page
- 0.8.7 – June 18, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10192, 10201. Developed Conservation, ZBA and Econ Dev pages. Business listing begun.
- 0.8.6 – June 7, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10198, 10199. Developed Old Town Hall, Master Plan, ZBA, Recreation and other pages.
- 0.8.5 – May 31, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10196, 10197. Added new backend functionality (social integration, post expiration, broken link monitor), updated responsiveness and accessibility on dozens of pages; updated representatives page.
- 0.8.4 – May 24, 2019 – Resolved issues: 10190, 10191, 10193, 10195. Changes to Old Town Hall page, Home page (accessibility), several department pages, including Administration.
- 0.8.3 – May 20, 2019 – Larger preview audience; several departments with access.
- 0.8.2 – May 17, 2019 – Site content populated at 80%. Ready for larger audience.
- 0.8.1 – May 17, 2019 – Site content populated at 80%.
- 0.8.0 – May 3, 2019 – Accessibility review and header/footer complete.
- 0.7.1 – April 18, 2019 – Fixed mobile responsiveness on several templates.
- 0.7.0 – April 16, 2019 – Plugins and theme design progress.
- 0.6.5 – March 31, 2019 – Page build complete. Applications for notifications complete and tested.
- 0.6.0 – February 23, 2019 – Framework complete; site available to select internal users.
Your use of this Website is subject to the conditions and qualifications described below. By using the Town of Tyngsborough Website, you agree to accept such conditions and qualifications. The following policy applies only to the use of this Website. This Website contains a number of links to external sites, upon following a link from this site, you are subject to the privacy policies of these other sites over the Town of Tyngsborough has no control.
All documents, files or data accessible on or through the Town of Tyngsborough Website, its agencies, departments, boards, commissions and offices are provided solely to facilitate public access to information. The Town of Tyngsborough attempts to provide current and accurate information on this Website but cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of any materials or information on its Website. The Town of Tyngsborough provides such documents, files or data accessible on or through this site “as is” and without warrant of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, accuracy, currency, reliability, omissions or completeness. The Town of Tyngsborough shall not be liable for any claim for damages, including lost profits, consequential or punitive damages, exemplary, incidental, indirect or special damages, relating in any way to the documents, files or other data accessible on or through this Website, including, but not limited to, claims arising out of or related to electronic access or the transmission of data or viruses. The content of this Website is subject to change without notice.
Links To Other Sites:
The Town of Tyngsborough’s site has links to other local, state and/or federal agencies, as well as links to other organizations. This linking does not constitute the Town of Tyngsborough’s endorsement of or support for any webpage, site, organization, products, policies, services or information and the Town of Tyngsborough makes no representations or warranties concerning such webpage or site regarding its content or suitability. The Town of Tyngsborough’s disclaimer of warranties as described in paragraph one, shall apply to all links to non-Town of Tyngsborough Websites and pages. To be listed on any Town of Tyngsborough webpage, a website must clearly indicate who is providing the information, who owns and operates the website, and any financial incentive they receive from referrals or the information they disseminate.
No Legal Or Other Notice:
Communications to the Town of Tyngsborough via this Website shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to the Town of Tyngsborough, its agencies, departments, boards, commissions, officers, employees, representatives or agents with respect to any existing, pending or future claim or cause of action against the Town of Tyngsborough or any of its agencies, departments, boards, commissions, officers, employees, representatives or agents where notice is required by federal, state or local law. No communications to the Town of Tyngsborough via this Website shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice of any purpose.
Because some of the information that you receive through this Website is subject to the Public Records Law, Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 66, Section 10 we cannot ensure absolute privacy. Information that you provide to us through this site may be made available to members of the public under that law. This policy informs you of the information we collect from you at this site, what we do with it, to whom it may be disseminated, and how you can access it. Based on this information, you can make an informed choice about your use of this site. You can maximize the benefits of your privacy with the Town of Tyngsborough by making informed choices about whether or not to share personally identifiable information with us through this site.
Commercial Use Prohibited:
This Website and the contents are intended only for the individual, non-commercial use of Website users. No user of this Website may resell, republish, print, download or copy any portion of this Website or the contents for commercial use without the prior written consent of the Town of Tyngsborough, except that reasonable copying and printing of its contents for individual, non-commercial use is permitted.
For site security and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this municipal government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, deny service, otherwise cause damage, or access non-public information. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Infrastructure Protection Act of 1993. Information regarding possible violations of lay may be provided to law enforcement officials.
For comments, suggestions or corrections regarding the information contained on this website please contact our webmaster at email@example.com.
Accessibility Statement for Town of Tyngsborough Website
Town of Tyngsborough is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Town of Tyngsborough takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Town of Tyngsborough Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Town of Tyngsborough Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Town of Tyngsborough Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Town of Tyngsborough Website:
- Phone: 978-649-2300 x140
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: 25 Bryants Lane
- Postal address: 25 Bryants Lane
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Town of Tyngsborough Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari on Windows, Mac, Linux using on-screen readers.
Accessibility of Town of Tyngsborough Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Town of Tyngsborough Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Town of Tyngsborough Website:
- Videos: Not all uploaded videos contain captioning. because The Tyngsborough Media department films dozens of hours per week of videos, and their process currently lacks the means to automatically generate captioning.. We are using third-party solutions like YouTube to add captions to videos.. Please use the “Report Issue” button if you encounter a video that is missing captioning and we will do our best to add it in a timely manner..
Town of Tyngsborough assessed the accessibility of Town of Tyngsborough Website by the following approaches:
If you find issues with the site, please contact us and let us know.
The Town of Tyngsborough is committed to providing web users with convenient and secure e-government services. Thus, we are very dedicated to protecting the privacy of our visitors. The following information will explain why information is collected when you visit the site, how that information is used and if it is shared with any third parties.
The Town of Tyngsborough does collect information about visitors to the site. This information is used for analytical and statistical purposes to help better manage the site. Information that is collected includes the date and the type of browser being used. We use this information to learn how many visitors we have, where they are coming from, which parts of our website are of most interest to users and other facts that will help us improve the website and the services we offer.
Sending Of E-Mail
If you send us an electronic mail message, either through your mail program or by using one of the online Contact forms, we will only use the personally identifying information to respond to the request. We may direct your message to another government agency that can help in fulfilling your request. This personally identifying information will not be shared with any third party or other governmental agencies not directly handling your request.
Every effort is made to protect any sensitive personal information you give online. This site uses a secure server for conducting online financial transactions. All credit cards and other payment information that you transmit will be protected by encryption technology, provided that your browser is properly configured and your computer is operating properly. The encrypted information is shared only with our bank and a credit card clearinghouse, both of which also operate secured servers. Access to these records is limited to a very small number of employees who need it in order to perform a specific job.
The Town currently maintains an several online newsletters to informs users about happenings in town government. These are “opt-in” newsletters, meaning that users must indicate their interest by signing up for the newsletter and providing their e-mail address. Should any user wish to be “unsubscribed” at any time, this option is sent out at the bottom of each newsletter. Additional newsletters may be established, all will be operated on an “opt-in” policy. Invitations to join the newsletters may be generated from e-mails sent to the City.
Twitter and Facebook
The Town of Tyngsborough may periodically send tweet alerts via Twitter or Facebook. These are third-party services not under the control of the Town. For the latest and most accurate information, please refer to the website itself.
Sale Of Data From The Web Site
The Town will not rent, sell or give away any personally identifying information entered into the website (name, address, phone number, etc…) to third parties for marketing or mailing list purposes without your permission. We will also not disclose credit card information, except for purposes related to your transaction or as required by law.
Links To Other Web Sites
Disclosure To Third Parties
As a governmental agency, the Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66, sec. 10 governs our activities. Any information received through use of the site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper. Otherwise we do not share any personally identifying information with any third party. For a more complete discussion of the implications of the Public Records Law, please refer to Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Secretary of State’s Office that includes FAQs as well as the text of the statute.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the City employs commercial software designed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
About & Credits
Many photographs on the site are courtesy of the users who submitted photos to Tyngsborough Media’s photo contests. Photos courtesy of:
|Lauren Coakley||Maria Collins||Nick DePasquale|
|Jeff Blanchard||Steve Joyal||Julie Pinard|
|Chris Barbalis||Lauren Tobiassen|
The site is built on WordPress.
We thank all the generous contributers and reviewers who made this site possible!